Well it’s been almost another 15 days since my last post.
I’m just lazy. It’s true. Plus I don’t want to spend the last precious few hours of my night in front of my computer thinking. (I’d rather spend them mindlessly in front of the TV.)
I swear from this point forward I will do my absolute best to add a post at the very least once a week.
I did manage to find some time tonight while the hubby is at hockey to knock back a glass (or
two three) of wine and get back at this blogging stuff.
Today I’ve got another cheesy chicken recipe…quelle surprise!
I attempted this one a couple nights ago and it turned out alright. I saw this pin for “Crispy Cheesy Chicken” and it sounded delicious and easy enough, so I decided to give it a shot.
After reading through the recipe I realized I didn’t have the ingredients for the cream sauce it originally called for so I went without and just used Ranch Dressing to dip it in.
Here’s my version; The “Cheddar and Goldfish Encrusted Chicken”
Chicken Breasts (I only used two)
Crushed Goldfish Crackers (original recipe called for Ritz Crackers, but I didn’t have any on hand so I improvised. I used about a cup)
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/4 cup whole milk
1 Egg (another improvisation, I didn’t think just milk was making the cheese stick enough so I added an egg to it)
1. Cut chicken into strips (I didn’t do this because I didn’t even read this part in the original recipe. I just picked out my ingredients, checked the baking temp and time and just basically winged the rest of it. I would recommend doing this step though, because I think it would’ve made mine significantly crispier. I’ll be doing this next time.)
2. Combine egg and milk and dip each chicken strips into the mixture coating them
3. Press the cheese into the chicken (the cheese really doesn’t stick very well even with the egg so I really had to push it into the chicken)
4. Press chicken into cracker crumbs
5. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and lay the chicken on the pan. Cover with tin foil and bake at 400 degrees for 35 mins. (I used a loaf pan because it was all I could find at that moment)
6. Remove tinfoil and bake for an additional 10-15 mins until crispy
Here’s my inspiration; the original link’s beautiful cheesy crispy chicken:
And here’s my beautiful Cheddar and Goldfish Encrusted Chicken (with rice):
(Doesn’t it just look so appetizing! It was edible I swear.)
Despite looking like a Pinterest fail it was actually pretty delicious. Hubby really seemed to enjoy it (hard not to make him happy with anything that involves cheese and chicken) and my toddler ate it too (I think the goldfish crackers were enticing enough for him).
This one will certainly be added to my repertoire, only next time I’d definitely cut the chicken into strips and use the proper baking pan.